Recommendation for 2022 International Award for Contribution to Chinese Medicine- Achievement Award in Medical Science Begins
Release time: Jun 14,2022 Reading volume: 425
Approved by Ministry of Science and Technology of the People’s Republic of China in April 2005, International Award for Contribution to Chinese Medicine is the only international award in the field of Chinese medicine (CM). World Federation of Chinese Medicine Societies (WFCMS) is responsible for the whole review and awarding procedure. Till now, International Award for Contribution to Chinese Medicine has been successfully held for seven times, which attains worldwide influence. To further arouse the enthusiasm and creativity of scientists of Chinese medicine, develop international scientific and technological cooperation, promote CM academic development, WFCMS will continue to reward those who have made outstanding contributions to CM scientific development. There will be three first prizes and no more than 15 second prizes in 2022 Achievement Award in Medical Science. Recommendation relevant matters are as follows:
1. Essential requirements for the achievement recommendedAchievement Award in Medical Science mainly aims to incentive individual or group who has made outstanding contributions for the research and development, application and popularization of the international development of Chinese medicine. In the recommendation stage, the candidate who is recommended should has representative scientific and technological achievement which should meet the following requirements:(1) Major scientific and technological achievements in basic research, applied research, and development research of Chinese medicine (CM) especially achievements in fighting against COVID-19 and other practical achievements, completed before June 2022.(2) Playing an important role in promoting the international development of CM science and technology and achieving significant social or economic benefits, with certain international influence.(3) Being granted with provincial or higher scientific award given by Chinese government or second-grade/higher award from first-grade society within China or influential international award overseas in principle.
2. Recommendation rulesRecommendation is adopted by Achievement Award in Medical Science committee. Unit or individual with recommendation qualification could recommend candidate with representative achievement meeting the above basic requirements.
For those achievements that have been granted with provincial or higher scientific award from Chinese government or second-grade/higher award from first-grade society within China or influential international award overseas, the candidate could be recommended directly by a unit or individual with recommendation qualification. While for those which have not been awarded, peer recommendation from three individuals with recommendation qualification is necessary. Units or individuals with recommendation qualification are as follows:
① Member unit and branch of WFCMS;
② International Collaborating Center for Chinese Medicine Clinical Research of WFCMS;
③ Chinese medicine-related international academic organization;
④ Chinese medicine-related college and university, scientific research institution, magazine, publishing house as well as administrative department of Chinese medicine or science and technology all over world; provincial-level or higher medical institution, first-level society in China;
⑤ Chinese embassy and consulate overseas or foreign embassy and consulate in China.
① Academician of Chinese Academy of Sciences or Academician of Chinese Academy of Engineering;
② National Master of Chinese Medicine;
③ The prize winner of Achievement Award in Medical Science;
④ Chief scientist or research team leader who has undertaken scientific research projects at or above the provincial level, or the research director in China mainland;
⑤ PI from relevant Chinese medicine research institutions outside China mainland.
3. Requirements for recommendation materials：
(1) Requirements for recommendation form：The review of Achievement Award in Medical Science is mainly based on recommendation materials.
① Unit with recommendation qualification may recommend internal employee as candidate, but individual with recommendation qualification cannot recommend himself/herself.
② Recommendation unit or individual shall strictly examine the authenticity and reliability of materials based on the principle of objectiveness and fairness. Besides, the official seal of recommendation unit or name of recommendation individual should be stamped or signed on written materials then scanned and converted into PDF version.
③ Recommendation form should be short and concise. The technical content and advancement, main academic, industry and social contributions, as well as role in boosting international development of Chinese medicine of the candidate’s representative achievement should be highlighted.
④ Please be noted that International Award for Contribution to Chinese Medicine- Achievement Award in Medical Science and Achievement Award in TCM Standardization could not be recommended at the same time. If a candidate is recommended for both of the prizes, we will ask the candidate for his/her opinion and only recommendation for one prize will be accepted finally.
(2) Requirements for recommendation material submission
① Authentic and reliable application materials should be provided according to the Recommendation Form for 2022 International Award for Contribution to Chinese Medicine- Achievement Award in Medical Science (short for Recommendation Form).② Recommendation Form (with official seal from recommendation unit or signature from recommender as well as attachment) should be transfer to PDF version, and submit to E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
(3) Application TimeElectronic materials online submission CLOSED: July 30th, 2022.
4. Contact usAddress: Room 1011, Building B, Wealth Garden, No.19 Xiaoying Street, Chaoyang District, Beijing
ChinaPost code: 100101
Contact person: Shen Dan, Liu Qiang
Official website：www.wfcms.orgWFCMSJune 7th. 2022
World Federation of Chinese Medicine Societies
May 30, 2022